Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"It's not you, it's me"


So, the saga has ended. After receiving some not-so-good news yesterday (I guess Jossey-Bass was not really happy with my passive-aggressive approach to goodbye), a lot of anxiety, and a short-but-sweet meeting with my supervisors this morning, I have officially switched internships. I knew that I would feel about 50 pounds lighter once this all was over...and I was right. Lesson of the week: never settle, no matter how painful it might be.

I have to say, too, that I appreciated so much the support of everyone around me. Friends I didn't even expect to remember sent me messages this morning telling me not to worry, that everything would be fine. It makes it a lot easier to take risks when you have so many people around you telling you you're doing the right thing. So, thanks for all of your encouraging words, they meant more than I can say.

This coming weekend is our 4-day break, which signals the midpoint of the semester. Weird. I am excited because four--no, five--of my friends from Westmont are coming up to visit. It will be so nice to see their faces and to really take a pause from everything that has been going on. I can't wait!

So, pretty much things are as they should be--at least as much as that is possible. I am at peace once again, and SO happy to be working at such an incredible place.

Love you all :)

No comments: