
A new week, back at work. Still training, but doing well. They sent me out today, on my own, to recruit new NAU students at an orientation. Pretty exciting. Is it just me or are freshman getting younger and younger?
New subject. It's warm here...finally. Of course, now that I am sweating I miss the snow. Go figure. I journeyed down the road to Lake Mary (hence, picture) yesterday and took some photos. It was nice (minus the four thousand mosquitoes that followed me home on my windshield). I like expanding the mental map in my head, journeying just a little further out, ever so slowly. Exploring is fun.
Up for this week: work, work, work. By next week, I may actually be done with training and therefore unbanished from the computer in the back. I am excited about that. I have already fallen in love with more than a few of our customers. They are my favorite part. I mean, how could you not fall in love with the tiny old ladies who can barely see over the counter or the rugged men with stained hands who work so hard just to make ends meet...how can you not want to smile at them, empathize with them and make their lives the little bit happier that you can? I kinda like my job...is it obvious?
Anyway, that's all in this life for now. Things are good. What more can I say?

No comments:
Post a Comment