terms you don't really have to think about when you're six. No, when you're six, the only acronyms you need worry about are ABC and ELMO. But alas, I am not six, even if I do sometimes find the thought appealing.
I thought my brain was going to explode last night as I tried to determine the best health care plan from the seemingly endless supply my benefits package offered me. "Benefits" sounded so appealing. The word was great to throw around when describing my new job opportunity..."It has great benefits!".
But last night, sitting and staring at the confusing benefit lingo, it dawned on me that each and every appealing offer equaled a much less appealing deduction from my paycheck (which, although also very appealing in theory, seems to disappear at an alarming pace...ah, bills!). So, lesson of the week: while benefits are in fact beneficial, they are not free. Sad.
Fortunately for me, Trevor's mom (Kim) was able to come to my rescue, having inside knowledge about these things. She gracefully listened to my frenzied babbling and eventually helped me choose an option (which I'm still not certain I understand completely). [Thanks again, by the way :)] I guess one has to continually live through life before one can understand it. Wouldn't it be so much easier if it were the other way around?
It's fun though. Honestly. Figuring it all out. Wondering if you will ever be able to not worry about paychecks and bills (probably not, right?). So it goes.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you play your cards right and live a little close to the belt as a way of life, there will come a time when you don't have to worry about money. Of course, you only exchange the money worry for the health worry. Ain't life grand??
Lov ya,
Grandma
Post a Comment