Thursday, August 21, 2008

In recent news...

I am back. I apologize for the hiatus. I didn't have internet in my new house until yesterday. There is not much that is very different, but I will enlighten on the small changes.

1.) I have moved. Hopefully most of you got to see the amazing pictures below. I really don't think I could have imagined anywhere more beautiful to live. I feel lucky, for sure. My roommates are all very sweet, and--to be honest--we hardly ever see each other (which could be considered a plus in a house of seven women). I have many plans for this room I am living in...but I am secretly savoring the infinite possibilities of the empty (yet cozy) off-white walls.

2.) I have an interview this Friday for a promotion at the bank. You are probably thinking what I was a few days ago..."won't accepting a promotion be more of a commitment?" Answer: "No". I will stay as long as I need to stay and no more (I might as well get paid more in the mean time). Besides, right now, it is good to have the stability of this job as I explore my future. I thought I knew where I was headed, now I'm not so certain. Too many things yet to be explored.

3.) The non-profit job is going well. It's a little exhausting, but in a different way than the bank. Kids can wear you out with their energy! Perhaps it's the contrast. A customer mentioned to me today, "If someone could figure out how to bottle the energy and happiness of four-year olds, they could become a millionaire!" Seriously though.

4.) Trev and I are doing well. Loving the opportunity to finally be together in the same place. We are still learning how to consolidate our lives...merge the paths that have for so long been so utterly separate; but we are both more than willing to put our all into the process. We are a great match--a pretty perfect balance.

Anyway, right now I am just bracing myself for the adjustment ahead: Trev beginning school that is. We will have to relearn each other's schedules...figure out where to pencil each other in and such. It will be good though. I will do some more exploring, and try to make sense of the million opportunities that lie before me (hopefully not just in my own head).

With love.

No comments: